Brigade Electronic has launched a new indicator warning alarm to alert vulnerable road users when a vehicle is turning.
The bbs-TI, which is installed on the near side of the vehicle, will synchronize an audible warning alarm with the indicator lights when activated, alerting vulnerable road users to a vehicle’s intention to turn.
The new commercial vehicle safety system will harness the Brigade’s existing White Sound broadband technology, which will enable vulnerable road users https://www.aga-parts.com/allison/ to instantly locate which direction the underscoring from. Gentlerontheearcomparedto traditional tonal alarms, White Sound dissipates quickly and can only be heard in din the danger zone, helping to reduce unnecessary noise disturbances.
For vehicles operating in multiple countries, White Sound alarms have the additional benefit of being universally recognizable, meaning language barriers caused by traditional speaking alarms are eliminated.
- Visual and audible vehicle turning warning to alert vulnerable road users
- Suitable for use in multiple countries – no language barrier
- Optional muting of the alarm for night-time hours
- Option to activate the alarm below a designate speed only
- Synchronizes bbsWhite Sound® technology with the vehicle’s indicator flash Suitable for left turn or right turn installations
- Complieswithregulationsandlegislationsthatrequirean ‘audible vehicle maneuvering warning for vulnerable road users’ when a vehicle is turning
Corey Heniser, a road safety specialist at Brigade Electronics INC, said:
“One of the leading causes of collisions between vehicles and other road users is when a vehicle is turning. Much has been developed to improved driver awareness of pedestrians and cyclists in the vehicle’s near side blind spot, butthisdoesn’talwayshelpvulnerableroad users–especially if they are traveling at speed and goun noticed by the driver. The bbs-TI will help to protect vulnerable road users and make fleets safer.”